Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Inspiration from an old flour sack

First we like to THANK YOU for alle the fine words and sweet messages. We are moved by getting so much positive response.

Thank you very much..! /Vivian

---------

One of the things I’m always on the lookout for at flea markets is the old, French printed flour sacks. By now, I have quite a few different ones around the house.
I was so excited about my last find that it just had to be put into production. After quite a bit of hysterics on my part regarding the blue color, the first product is now finally in stock.
And I can tell you that the stripe is just the right kind of blue! I’m just crazy about it – what do you think?






And this is just the beginning after all. Within the next few weeks, we’ll have textiles with the same print. Upon starting our wholesale business, one of the first products that we launched in the textiles collection was pillows made of 100% heavy, washed linen.
They had this exact print, which was copied from old, French sacks. Despite the fact that it’s been 5 years and many copies have been added since, these first two prints are actually still the most sought-after item.
They’ve almost become a trademark for our business. The family is now expanded with this new print as well. This time around it’ll be on lighter colored linen, which, in my opinion, is more authentic.
The material is still 100% pure, heavy, washed linen, and the print is 100% organic. We’re not going to compromise on quality. I’m as excited as a child on Christmas Eve to be able to show you the new pillows. /Vivian


Alimente

Bertel

12 comments:

  1. Dear Vivian,
    they are very nice!
    Greetings from Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I just discovered that you have a blog and am so thrilled! I have been a big fan of your magazine and collection for a couple of years, and your style has heavily influenced my home and blog.
    Thank you, thank you for all your inspiration and now I will be following along regularly.
    Sincerely,
    Susan from 'Evelyn and Rose'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Det er altså også skønt det print - jeg har en svaghed for de blå print - ligesom jeg er en 'skabs' mussel fan ;o)
    Kan godt forstå at du glæder dig - det gør jeg også ;o)
    Klem Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, I will follow on my way out so I know the path back to your special place. I hope you will find the time to come visit me soon and do the same. I look forward to supporting and engaging together. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had never heard of magazine before but love the bits and pieces that I see from blogs I follow and of course the "blue" strip is perfect! I love blue and white design.I will have to visit again:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. O yessss,
    I like them very much.

    Have a nice day, over there,
    XXX,
    Sarina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice paper napkins and yes, the blue is just the right shade :-) I love your linen products.

    By the way, you might want to put a link to your blog on your "main" site http://www.jeannedarcliving.dk, so more people can find this :-)

    Greetings from the Netherlands,
    Katja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those napkins!! Hoping some will be for sale in the states soon!!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  9. J'adore !!! Où se les procurer pour la France SVP ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. just discovered you have a blog-wonderful- now I can follow it as well as your magazines1!
    Love the napkins- we need then in Canada-how about The Melon Patch in Bath, Ontario, Canada??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vivian,
    The J.M. Lacire prin thas beome my favorite as well! There is something about the blue stripes that really ¨does it¨for me!
    Thanks for always keeping us in the loop,- love that you share the story behind a product.
    For the US customers: You can order from my web store www.littlecottageshoppe.com
    -Sylvi

    ReplyDelete