Monday, September 24, 2012

Happiness is...

The smell of the woodland floor and the last rays of sun... I just spent a weekend at my summer house. It's amazing how different it is to visit there depending on the time of year.


I have to say that I don't love it any less now that it's early fall. I can just sit for hours on the porch, gazing into the woods.


There's an amazing depth between the trees. I find myself taking in the rays of the sun more intensely now, and they cast the most amazing light down through the trees.
It's almost like one of those moments – when you feel a profound happiness and gratitude for the simple things in life.


Just sitting there with a blanket wrapped around you, a steaming cup of hot tea in hand, enjoying the scenery and the musty scent of the forest floor.

That's happiness.../Vivian

3 comments:

  1. You can almost smell the sun, seeing your pictures. Looks great. Thank you for sharing.

    Greetings,
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is true happiness. I totally agree. Great read. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiness is looking at these photos...just lovely!
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete