Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Flowers & Brocante

The February issue of the magazine just landed on my desk, fresh off the press. Luckily, around here it’s OK to drop everything to become completely engrossed in the magazine. Even though we work on each issue for up to several months before it goes to the press and have actually seen both the pictures and the text countless times on our computers, it’s not at all the same thing as holding the finished result in your hand. Each page is often studied with a critical eye in search of errors or omissions. But happily it is also the case that we often find, with ill-hidden pride, that the printed article perfectly reflects everything that we wanted to convey.

On article in the February issue of which I am particularly proud is the one about poppy anemones. As a floral decorator I obviously need to be objective in my choice and use of flowers. With 12 issues of the magazine published each year, a certain variation is required. But I can’t pretend like I don’t have my own personal favorites – a fact which often shines through in the result. Poppy anemones are my springtime favorite! I love its delicate appearance and the variation of color. It can stand alone like few others and although its flowers open up quickly when brought inside, it actually does keep.


I love using poppy anemones with other spring flowers, but I especially like to use it in very simple arrangements, preferably with nature’s own materials. The table decoration with cut clematis vines and test tubes holding poppy anemones is sure to be a hit with everyone. It’s simple and elegant. The only person who didn’t like the display was Vivian – because it was her clematis that had to lay down its vines! But we all must make our sacrifices for the good of the magazine. /SUSANNE





7 comments:

  1. Noe så utrolig vakkert:)
    Gleder meg masse til å få magasinet:)
    Ser ut som det er utrolig mye inspirasjon og nydelige vår farger:)
    Ha en fortsatt herlig kveld
    Klem Merete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful issue as always ~ the photography is amazing! Already despatched to my lovely customers who will love this month's magazine! Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful fotos!I'll look for this magazine, maybe there would be also in Italy...I hope!!!Baci MIcol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Baci Micol
      We have at retailer in Crema, Italy, called Cream Life. I don't know if is nearby you. Hope so :). But try to call them.
      Have a nice day. /Tina

      Delete
  4. Thank you all for the kind words. Happy reading, and hope you will enjoy it :).. /Tina

    ReplyDelete