Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tuesday, December 10th:

Last year was the first time I ever made my own burnt sugar almonds. In previous years, my dear nephew Marc has always supplied us with this treat. But now he's studying in Copenhagen so we had to get cooking ourselves. I was surprised at how easy it is – and they just taste so much richer and better than store-bought.


What you need:
8,75 oz (250 g) Almonds
8,75 oz (250 g) Sugar
0,75 liter Water

What you do:
Put all the ingredients in a pot and turn up the heat so that the water boils and the lot starts to bubble. Stir evening using a fork. Then turn down the heat until the water is completely evaporated and the sugar has crystallized again. The sugar must then melt, but only partially so that it settles in clumps on the almonds. Do not let it melt completely otherwise it will be impossible to separate the almonds! Stir them constantly. Pour the almonds out onto a piece of baking paper and use a fork to separate them.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, these look delicious!! Do you have a link for a recipe? Also, I have been curious for awhile about this "greige" paper you've used for the almond cone. What is it exactly and where can I source it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Norine
    I have put the recipe below the picture...! Enjoy and merry christmas /Tina

    ReplyDelete